Any sustainable SEO strategy requires a lot of work on the keywords that best define your professional activity or the theme of your site.
GENERIC, BRAND AND LONG TAIL, WHAT IS A KEYWORD IN SEO?
The keyword or key expression is the basis of any seo optimization of the website itself (on-site referencing).
Every day, billions of pages are published, modified or updated. These normally contain high-quality editorial content that allows them to appear according to the terms typed by Internet users or mobile users in their preferred search engine. This is what we call requests.
KEYWORDS OR GENERIC EXPRESSIONS
The keyword or generic expression has a very broad scope, such as “seo” or “advertising agency” for example. The results for such requests are often in the millions. However, these are fundamentals because they accurately describe your professional activity. On the other hand, they are often very competitive and require a lot of effort to be well positioned on the front page.
THE LONG TAIL
Unlike the word or key phrase, the long tail is more like a piece of a sentence. This is what we have been calling in SEO since 2004, the “long tail” in English.
HOW TO FIND THE “RIGHT” KEYWORDS AND DEFINE YOUR SEO STRATEGY?
Keywords, or “keyword” in English, are therefore essential to the development of any good SEO strategy. But how do we find the most relevant ones? What criteria must they meet?
WHAT CRITERIA MUST BE MET BY “GOOD” KEYWORDS?
Beyond the simple SEO aspect which is far from negligible, a “good” keyword is the one that is the perfect compromise between four imperatives:
- have a maximum of monthly requests
- be as uncompetitive as possible
- best define the activity of the company or the theme of the site
- be a trigger for an intention on the part of the Internet user. This intention may, for example, be commercial (online sales) or informative (request for a quote, making contact, subscribing to a newsletter, etc.)
KEYWORDS IN URLS: IS IT IMPORTANT?
As early as 2010, Google indicated that the insertion of keywords in a url could be of interest from an SEO point of view.
However, this possibility must not turn into a stuffing of keywords in a url, as the search giant may then interpret this as spam and a desire to manipulate search results.
Without neglecting this opportunity, Google already specified at the time that it is much more appropriate to offer interesting and well-constructed SEO and commercial content to its visitors.
YOUR AUDIT TO DETERMINE THE MOST RELEVANT KEYWORDS
To choose the most relevant keywords for your business model, SEO.fr’s SEO experts rely not only on their experience in this field, but also on a rigorous methodology.
Each company being unique, it is obviously not possible to go into the details of a keyword audit here. However, in general terms, this systematically includes:
- focus on expressions rather than a single word.
- use the statistics and data in your possession (Google Analytics, etc.)
- analyze the research volumes and competitiveness of the selected terms
- carry out an analysis and monitoring of the competition
- monitor the evolution of the search volume for given expressions to anticipate trends. A reactivity that allows you to take advantage of emerging markets